Modesty has prevented me from divulging too many boring details of my relatively uninspiring life. But I do feel as if I am a bit thin on biographical information, and need fleshing out.
So here are 14 moderately dull facts that you will never learn about me from this blog:-
1. I have eaten a Witchety Grub.
2. I own 3 pairs of socks without holes.
3. I once worked with chef Keith Floyd (he liked Courvoisier and pinching bums).
4. I LOVE cricket (and not because of any tighty whities)
5. At the age of 11 I won a poetry competition. I wrote a poem about the sea. It was called ‘The Sea’.
6. I have driven a car across a frozen lake.
7. I have ridden on horseback on a wonderful beach in Western Australia.
8. At the age of 10 I climbed up Mount Snowdon, in North Wales.
9. I have seen the beauty of the Northern Lights – on a holiday to Edinburgh, Scotland.
10. I have held a Koala Bear.
11. I was told by my English professor that I ‘sailed close to the wind’.
12. I have never written a book (no surprises there then, prof).
13. I went out on a yacht at the beginning of the Round the World Yacht race.
14. I didn’t win any money in the casino in Monte Carlo.
1. Raising my son, the be all and end all of my life.
2. Surviving in Sweden.